Not To Us
Your Love Never Fails (Nothing Can Separate)
One Thing Remains (Your Love Never Fails Never Gives Up) tag
Love Came Down (Love Came Down And Rescued Me)
Came To My Rescue (Be Lifted High) bridge
Prayer for the offering
Meet with Moses and signed an agreement to open up on November 1st
If you feel led to give, put Crave Life Covenant Church on the memo line
Prayer for Crave
Mike Workman will be speaking tonight, he’s a good friend of my family and of me
Paul, off the bat addresses reality
One is our kingdom
Paul is assuming that the Collosians have submitted to Christ as the head
Dallas Willard, kingdom, range of your effective will
We’re used to thinking in our kingdom
God’s will …
Christ’s invitation (Matt 4:17)
Jesus is inviting people to participate
Agape love as modeled by God and Jesus
We walk about life with some false realities
Your lie to yourself – Desire is my master
Missed an opportunity to celebrate with a friend
The great need to/have to
Put all the little kingdom’s together she’s you get the world
A system of lies about the source of life
I bought into the lie that my significance lies in my achievements
Need to go to
Of the enemy
Being a scientist I at first assumed there was no demonic interaction
Lies of identity
Usually from a very young age
You’re a timid man, passive
Women buy into the lie that you’re not beautiful
Deception and sin
It’s not the way Christ intended for us to live
Breaking chords of deceit doesn’t take special rituals
For a long time in my life, my gospel was only a third of the real gospel
1) Christ died
Christ called us to believe…
2) Christ rose
He is our source of life
3) He ascended
Chords broken because of Christ’s
You can live and reign in life with Christ
Blessed are the poor because they can participate!
The only knowledge that can set you free is the knowledge gained from apprenticeship, not from sitting on the sidelines
The New Self
I think we should spend a lot of time meditating on these verses
We have a fight for our mind
Jesus tells us to renew our mind and Satan is always fighting for it
We need to think about our thinking
If I don’t think about it, I can dwell on images that don’t reflect truth
The Bible is chock full of images that project truth
Try to fully visualize a house built on sand our the bread of life
Who is the bread of life? Jesus. Think about Him becoming one with us on a molecular level
Those habitual behaviors
Wouldn’t it be great if we had the obedience to automatically bless that person who just cut us off on the freeway?
Toboggan hills in Michigan
Kids would ask me to haul them up the hill
Thought about asking them to get off and help me pull
The verses on the back [of the outline] are what we should be pulling through our day
Reality – Lies – Trust
Col 2:6 = “So then, just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord”
- Your kingdom is the range of your effective will.
- God’s Kingdom is the range of His effective will.
- Christ’s invitation (Matt 4:17)
- Love and Surrender
Lies (Col 2:8)
2. Satan’s Kingdom – a kingdom of lies. (Matt 13:19, John 8:44)
- Deception and the Flesh
- Your lie to yourself – Desire is my master.
- Deception and the World
- A system of lies about the source of life.
- Deception and the Enemy
- Lies of identity.
- Deception and Sin (Isa 5:18)
Trust (Col 2:9-13)
3. Faith, Knowledge, and Action (John 8:31-32)
- The Gospel (1 John 5:18-20)
- Cords of the flesh are broken because of Christ’s death.
- Cords of the world are broken because of Christ’s resurrection.
- Cords of the Enemy are broken because of Christ’s ascension.
- The New Self
- John 1:12 – In Christ: You’re a child of God.
- John 15:15 – In Christ: You’re Christ’s friend.
- Romains 5:1 – In Christ: You’ve been justified.
- 1 Corinthians 6:17 – In Christ: You’re united with the Lord and one with Him.
- 1 Corinthians 6:20 – In Christ: You’ve been bought with a price – You belong to God.
- 1 Corinthians 12:27 – In Christ: You’re a member of Christ’s body.
- Ephesians 1:1 – In Christ: You’re a saint.
- Ephesians 1:5 – In Christ: You’re adopted as God’s child.
- Ephesians 2:18 – In Christ: You have access to God through the Holy Spirit.
- Colossians 1:14 – In Christ: You’ve been redeemed and forgiven.
- Colossians 2:10 – In Christ: You’re complete in Christ.
- Romans 8:1-2 – In Christ: You’re free from condemnation.
- Romans 8:28 – In Christ: You’re promised all things will work out for good.
- Romans 8:31-34 – In Christ: You’re free from condemning charges.
- Romans 8:35-39 – In Christ: You can’t be separated from the love of God.
- 2 Corinthians 1:21-22 – In Christ: You’re established, anointed, and sealed in God.
- Colossians 3:3 – In Christ: You’re hidden with Christ in God.
- Philippians 3:20 – In Christ: You’re a citizen of heaven.
- 2 Timothy 1:7 – In Christ: You’ve been given a spirit of power, love, and sound mind.
- Hebrews 4:16 – In Christ: You can find grace and mercy in time of need.
- 1 John 5:18 – In Christ: You are born of God and the evil one cannot touch you.
- Matthew 5:13 – In Christ: You’re the salt and light of the earth.
- John 15:1,5 – In Christ: You’re a branch of the vine, a channel of His life.
- John 15:16 – In Christ: You’ve been chosen and appointed to bear fruit.
- Acts 1:8 – In Christ: You’re a personal witness of Christ’s.
- 1 Corinthians 3:16 – In Christ: You’re God’s temple.
- 2 Corinthians 5:17-20 – In Christ: You’re a minister of reconciliation.
- 2 Corinthians 6:1 – In Christ: You’re God’s coworker.
- Ephesians 2:6 – In Christ: You’re seated with Christ in the heavenly realm.
- Ephesians 3:12 – In Christ: You may approach God with freedom and confidence.
- Philippians 4:13 – In Christ: You can do all things through Christ who strengthens you.
- Your thoughts are information organized into images, which reflect ideas.
4. Closing Thoughts (John 14:10-14)